The Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) is informing all contesting political parties, candidates and other electoral stakeholders that it will receive ballot papers and associated polling materials for the
Fresh Presidential Election as follows:
• 193 pallets of ballot papers – 1 pallet for each constituency.
• 12 pallets of brown envelopes
• 6 pallets of black tamper-evident envelopes C series
• 2 pallets of blue tamper evident envelopes B series
• 1 pallet of 29 boxes – Twenty-eight for District Returning Officer
(DRO) and one for National Tally Centre.
The details for the plane carrying the materials are as follows:
Date: 19th June, 2020
Port: Kamuzu International Airport
Flight Detail: Emirates, EK 9757
Upon receipt of the consignment, the Commission will commence
distribution to the constituencies via the councils.
The Commission is therefore requesting the three contesting political parties to send up to ten representatives each to Kamuzu International Airport to witness the arrival of the ballot papers. The party representatives should first get accreditation from the MEC Director of Media and Public Relations, Mr Sangwani Mwafulirwa on
email@example.com. The party representatives are advised to
be at the airport early before the arrival time for the plane.
Signed at Lilongwe this 18th of June, 2020.